How We Use Your Information – GDPR Privacy Statement for Hollytree Trade Sales LTD
This policy applies to information we hold about you. By ‘information’ we mean personal and financial information about you that we collect, use, share and store. Hollytree Trade Sales LTD (and its associated trading styles) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
Head Office Address: 78 Midland Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5DY
Telephone Number: 02475 092 223
ICO Registration Number: ZA462665
Company Number: 10707767
Why we need Customer Information
We need to know your personal data in order to provide you with the goods/services you are applying for. If you do not provide this information, then we will be unable to provide the goods/services advertised. We will not collect any information from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the goods/services you are applying for.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Information
We collect your information to provide our services to you and to help us develop new and improved products and services to meet our customers’ needs. You as the data subject have given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes. We also use your information to carry out checks for security, to prevent fraud and money laundering, to check your identity before we provide services to you, for training, and to communicate with you. We may use automated processes whenever we use your information. Data protection law allows us to use personal information for our genuine and legitimate reasons as long as we respect your rights and freedoms. This lawful basis for using your information is called ‘legitimate interests’. When we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes set out above, we will carefully consider and balance any possible effect this may have on you and your rights.
What we will do with customers’ information
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff and systems in the United Kingdom. Your information may be passed to third parties, where required, to provide the goods/services you have applied for, as well as where there is a legal obligation for us to provide third parties with this information e.g. The FCA or The Police, to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud and alleged fraud, money laundering and other crimes, and to confirm your identity. We will use your data to process your application for goods/services provided by Hollytree Trade Sales Limited. This processing will include some or all of the below:
Automated decision making
* We use automatic decisions as part of our process, as do some of the finance companies that your application may be sent to.
* This will involve automatically requesting information from CRAs and using this data along with the other data provided to assess your suitability for the goods/services requested.
Passing to Credit Reference Agencies, to generate credit searches.
* We and external lenders on our panel will search your record at credit reference agencies. The record of our search will NOT be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future, unless you take up an offer of credit from a subsidiary or linked company of Hollytree Trade Sales Limited. However, searches made by external lenders on our panel may show depending on the type of search they use.
* If you are an owner, director or partner in a business, we may also check on your business. We will also check on any proposed guarantor, so you must have their permission to disclose their information.
* If you enter into an agreement with us, or one of the external lenders on our panel, information on this agreement will be passed to the CRAs. Information remains on file for 6 years after the account is closed.
* The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found below.
* The Credit Reference Agencies we use are:
o Experian – www.experian.co.uk
o CIFAS checks will be undertaken by finance companies as part of their underwriting